Loyal Source Government Services is seeking a Certified Hyperbaric Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) Technologist to support Joint Base Lackland-San Antonio. The position work site is Brooke Army Medical Center, Ft. Sam Houston, San Antonio, TX.
For more information on this position, please contact Chris Myers at 407-930-8546 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Current certification as Certified Hyperbaric Technologist (CHT) is highly desirable. If not a CHT, the CP shall obtain the CHT within 6 months of the date of hire.
- CP shall be a graduate of a 40-hour introductory hyperbaric medicine course that is approved as a CHT qualifying course. If the CP is not a graduate of the aforementioned course, he or she will need to successfully accomplish this course and provide a certificate of training within 60 days of start of duty.
- The CP will possess current Basic Life Support (BLS) with Automated External Defibrillation (AED) certifications through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross. BLS/AED certification will be maintained during entire length of this contract.
- The CP will provide the appropriate licensure and have a minimum of 1 year of verifiable experience as a LVN.
- Related nursing duties include background knowledge of Hyperbaric medicine, the dispensing of medications (to include narcotics), validating narcotic drug inventory, initiating, managing and discontinuing intravenous therapies, performing basic to advanced wound care procedures, basic patient care functions and clinical nursing Hyperbaric evaluations.
- The CP will obtain initial and routine pertinent medical information. The CP will be required to transfer medical history and physiological assessment data into various electronic medical health records. The CP shall see patients of any age as long as they are eligible for care at the MTF.
- The CP shall utilize customer service skills that are designed to optimize the interaction between the patient and the health care team. Customer service skills include personal interaction and communication skills, appropriate use of patient advocacy and resolution of customer complaints at the lowest level and elevation to patient advocate as necessary.
- The CP shall perform patient care in a Hyperbaric and Wound Care Center. Daily responsibilities will surround the application of wound dressings, compression wraps, the appropriate knowledge and administration skills of topical, oral and parenteral medications, and the care required to support patients referred for care. CP shall also conduct basic and advanced wound care.
- The CP will be required to collect and appropriately label routine digital images of wounds and maintain a secure image library to account for patient wound progress.
- The CP shall provide the general health care for patients with chronic medical needs to include, but not limited to diabetes, asthma, developmental disorders, ADHD, seizures, etc.
- The CP shall complete medical record, vital signs, and patient assessment and questionnaires by the end of the duty day.
Location:3551 Roger Brooke Drive San Antonio, TX 78234
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies.
For more information about Loyal Source, visit https://loyalsource.com/ and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for open positions.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.