Loyal Source Technical Services is seeking a heavy equipment technician for a contract opportunity working with our client company in Jacksonville, FL.
The Heavy Equipment Technician is providing technical program support and technical assistance to Naval Air Station (NAS) Jacksonville, Naval Submarine Base (SUBASE) Kings Bay and other United States Navy properties located in northeast Florida and southeast Georgia including:
forest inventories, timber marking, timber sale contract support, reforestation efforts, assistance with wildland fire
suppression and hazard fuel reduction, fire break/fire road maintenance, prescribed burning, heavy equipment
operation, and equipment maintenance.
- Operate and maintain heavy equipment such as bulldozers, transport truck, and other 4-wheel drive vehicles.
- Contractor shall assist the Forester with forest management activities within the area of responsibility. Examples include timber marking, tree planting, survival checks, forest insect and disease monitoring, and prescribed burning duties.
- The contractor will perform forest road and firebreak maintenance work with assigned heavy equipment and assist in timber sale preparation and timber stand management and improvement. They will collect
and record data such as tree species, measurement of heights and diameters, tree mortality, tree survival counts.
- Assist the NAVFAC SE forester and installation NRM with implementation of the Integrated Natural Resources Management Plans (INRMP) at the respective bases including completion of forest surveys to estimate timber volume.
- Identify timber for sale by selecting and marking trees to be cut and marking cutting unit boundaries.
Coordinate fieldwork done by volunteers and contract workers when they are on board NAS JAX and Kings Bay
- Construct new and maintain existing fire lines, operate heavy equipment such as fire tractors, trucks, ATV’s, and all related forestry equipment. Operate and schedule or perform preventative maintenance and small repairs on all forestry equipment (including transport trucks, crawler tractors, ATVs, pickup trucks, and other related equipment and implements).
(Please list anything here that is a deal breaker if the candidate DOES NOT have it)
• Operating heavy equipment such as a transport truck, bulldozer w/ fire plow or harrows, as well as a four-wheel drive pickup truck.
• Performing preventative maintenance and small repairs on all forestry equipment (including transport truck and bulldozer).
• Performing contractor field supervision for harvesting, prescribed burning, and reforestation projects.
• Conducting forest inventories (fixed area plot, strip, or prism).
• Marking timber for timber sales.
• Measuring land for harvesting, prescribed burning, and reforestation projects.
• Conducting reforestation survival checks.
• Ability to read topographical maps and aerial photographs.
• A valid State driver’s license including Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class B or greater applicable to states where the work is to be performed and have a clean DMV record.
• Skill in driving 4-wheel drive vehicles under difficult off-road conditions.
• Shall possess at least a high school diploma. Some higher-level training in forestry, natural resources management, or similar discipline is desirable.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.