Loyal Source Technical Services is seeking a forestry technician for a contract opportunity working with our client company in Jacksonville, FL.
For more information, please contact Ian Machicote at 321-441-4610 or via email at email@example.com.
Under this task order the contractor serves as an Environmental Forestry Technician providing technical program support and technical assistance to Naval Air Station (NAS) Jacksonville, Naval Submarine Base (SUBASE) Kings Bay and other United States Navy properties located in northeast Florida and southeast Georgia including: forest inventories, timber marking, timber sale contract support, reforestation efforts, assistance with wildland fire suppression and hazard fuel reduction, fire break/fire road maintenance, prescribed burning, heavy equipment operation, and equipment maintenance. The contractor will report to the NAVFAC SE Forester assigned to NAS Jacksonville/SUBASE Kings Bay and receive technical conservation direction from the NAS Jacksonville Natural Resources Manager (NRM) as coordinated with the management personnel of the contractor.
The required services include but are not limited to:
– Contractor shall assist the Forester with forest management activities within the area of responsibility. Examples include timber marking, tree planting, survival checks, forest insect and disease monitoring, and prescribed burning duties. The contractor will perform forest road and firebreak maintenance work with assigned heavy equipment and assist in timber sale preparation and timber stand management and improvement. They will collect and record data such as tree species, measurement of heights and diameters, tree mortality, tree survival counts.
– Time will be split between work performed at the NAS JAX complex and SUBASE Kings Bay.
– Assist the NAVFAC SE forester and installation NRM with implementation of the Integrated Natural Resources Management Plans (INRMP) at the respective bases including completion of forest surveys to estimate timber volume. Identify timber for sale by selecting and marking trees to be cut and marking cutting unit boundaries. Coordinate fieldwork done by volunteers and contract workers when they are on board NAS JAX and SUBASE Kings Bay.
– Construct new and maintain existing fire lines, operate heavy equipment such as fire tractors, trucks, ATV’s, and all related forestry equipment. Operate and schedule or perform preventative maintenance and small repairs on all forestry equipment (including transport trucks, crawler tractors, ATVs, pickup trucks, and other related equipment and implements).
– Attend training courses related conferences, and obtain and maintain certification as required.
– Conduct other duties as assigned.
The desired candidate will have at least five years field experience performing the following forest technician
– Operating heavy equipment such as a transport truck, bulldozer w/ fire plow or harrows, as well as a four wheel drive pickup truck.
– Performing preventative maintenance and small repairs on all forestry equipment (including transport truck and bulldozer).
– Performing contractor field supervision for harvesting, prescribed burning, and reforestation projects.
– Conducting forest inventories (fixed area plot, strip, or prism).
– Marking timber for timber sales.
– Measuring land for harvesting, prescribed burning, and reforestation projects.
– Conducting reforestation survival checks.
– Performing daily fieldwork under stressful conditions of heat, humidity, and rough field conditions.
– Basic knowledge of the fundamental principles of personal computer operations.
– Knowledge of the English language to proficiently communicate orally and write clear, accurate reports and field notes.
– Ability to read topographical maps and aerial photographs.
– A valid State driver’s license including Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class B or greater applicable to states where the work is to be performed and have a clean DMV record.
– Skill in driving 4-wheel drive vehicles under difficult off road conditions.
– Shall possess at least a high school diploma. Some higher level training in forestry, natural resources management, or similar discipline is desirable.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.