Loyal Source Technical Services is seeking an EEE parts engineer for a contract opportunity working with our client company in Greenbelt, MD.
For more information, please contact Ian Machicote at 407-930-8547 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this role, the successful candidate shall interface with design engineers, commodity specialists, and vendor personnel to identify appropriate spaceflight quality parts, and resolve problems and issues. Chair Project Parts Control Board (PCB) meetings, review parts lists for compliance with NASA GSFC and Project-specific quality and reliability requirements, and participate in Failure Review Board meetings. Develop/review screening, lot acceptance testing, and destructive physical analysis results and provide concise synopses for lot disposition. Provide for planning of technical and financial support to Branch and Project management. Support of subcontract project team members may require domestic and international travel (<10%)
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and 7 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An understanding of space environment effects on packaged electrical/electronic systems (materials, radiation, and thermal).
- Familiarity with selection and handling of mil spec standards of electronic parts, connectors and cabling.
- Must have strong initiative and problem-solving skills with the ability to make oral and written arguments.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of an integrated project team with limited supervision.
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Physics and a minimum of 7 years of experience related to the manufacturing, testing or selection of Electrical, Electronic, and Electro-mechanical (EEE) parts.
- Demonstrated understanding of the differences between military, space and commercial part specifications, manufacturing, testing and flight applications.
- Demonstrated experience with and application of GSFC EEE-INST-002, MIL-STD-1547, Aerospace TOR, and ESA Space Standards.
- Training and/or experience in pre-seal visual inspection, particularly microcircuits and hybrids.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.