Loyal Source Technical Services is a seeking Sr. EMT Technicians for several contract opportunities working with our client company in Albany, GA, Ft. Dix, NJ and Quantico, VA.
For more information, please contact Brian Rodino at 407-381-7738 or via email at email@example.com
Position Summary: Providing LAN & WLAN services for DOD
Reporting directly to LHI’s Program Manager on the above referenced contract Low Voltage Technicians are responsible for inspecting, testing, repairing, installing, and modifying electrical components and systems at customer locations.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures based on job specifications and local codes.
- Work with Electro-Magnetic Tubes (metal tubes) and Jhooks for best cable routes.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment, such as oscilloscopes, ammeters, or test lamps.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
- Run and bend conduit.
- Cutting, bending, threading, pulling, and running electrical wire.
- Install, terminate and test communication CAT6 cables.
- Install and replace copper cabling in a DOD environment.
- Route Cat6 cable through conduit, above ceilings and between floors per job specifications.
- Read and comprehend technical schematics, operation manuals, maintenance instructions and procedures.
- Provide or relocate cable and modular connections.
- Assist in installation of communications hardware.
- Complete projects within budget, on time, and in a safe manner.
- Maintain the company’s high standards of quality and professionalism with regards to workmanship, customer relations, and team members.
- Adhere to all required project specific as well as company safety requirements.
- Conducts field training and second-level problem evaluation using documented procedures and available tools.
- Familiar with fiber, copper, and electrical cabling.
- May be required to troubleshoot equipment or facilities problems and report them to the supervisor. May interpret blueprints, sketches, layouts, wiring diagrams, drawings, and process specifications. May perform routine inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary for maintaining facility assets.
- Performs routine, repetitive, and basic tasks where precedent, methods and processes are well established.
- Makes simple decisions but refers most to more experienced personnel, as necessary.
- Capability to learn and work on door locking hardware, fire safety systems, paint and caulking applications, carpet installation and drywall patching.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of electrician program at a trade/technical school preferred
- OSHA 10 certification Preferred
- Experience with telecommunications inside and outside plant engineering
- Experience in support of installations, repair, troubleshooting and maintenance of communications electronic systems or equipment
- May be required to work in narrow or tight workspaces
- Must be able to meet the requirements for operating a two-man scissor lift
- Ability to access above ceiling and below floor spaces.
- Regularly exposed to work in non-climate-controlled environments.
- Work may entail being 50 feet off the ground in a harnessed lift.
- Most work will be 12-24 feet high
- Noise levels can be high depending upon work site and tools required.
- Some tools are provided by us, small hand tools and equipment will be required to start.
- Must be able to climb and work from a ladder.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl for extended periods.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for extended periods throughout the day.
- Secret Clearance
- Must pass EBID background check (no DUIs, or misdemeanors)
- Must have Boom Lift Certification
Desired (preferred) Requirements:
- Preferred government experience
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.