Loyal Source Technical Services is seeking a low voltage technician for a contract opportunity working with our client company in Albany, NY.
For more information, please contact Brian Rodino at 407-381-7738 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Providing LAN & WLAN services for DOD, reporting directly to the Program Manager. Low Voltage Technicians are responsible for inspecting, testing, repairing, installing, and modifying electrical components and systems at customer locations.
- Install, terminate and test communication CAT6 cables.
- Install and replace copper cabling in a DOD environment.
- Route Cat6 cable through conduit, above ceilings and between floors per job specifications.
- Read and comprehend technical schematics, operation manuals, maintenance instructions and procedures.
- Provide or relocate cable and modular connections.
- Work with Electro-Magnetic Tubes (metal tubes) and Jhooks for best cable routes.
- Assist in installation of communications hardware.
- Complete projects within budget, on time, and in a safe manner.
- Maintain the company’s high standards of quality and professionalism with regards to workmanship, customer relations, and team members.
- Adhere to all required project specific as well as company safety requirements.
- Conducts field training and second-level problem evaluation using documented procedures and available tools.
- Familiar with fiber, copper, and electrical cabling.
- May be required to troubleshoot equipment or facilities problems and report them to the supervisor. May interpret blueprints, sketches, layouts, wiring diagrams, drawings, and process specifications. May perform routine inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary for maintaining facility assets.
- Performs routine, repetitive, and basic tasks where precedent, methods and processes are well established.
- Makes simple decisions but refers most to more experienced personnel, as necessary.
- Capability to learn and work on door locking hardware, fire safety systems, paint and caulking applications, carpet installation and drywall patching.
- Perform quality work within assigned deadlines with and/or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, suppliers, vendors, etc.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the need for communication and coordination of work efforts with other team members, departments, or organizations.
- Secret Clearance
- Boom Lift Certification
- Ability to identify wires accurately
- Ability to perform and understand electrical tests
- Ability to diagnose and repair electrical problems
- Knowledge of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and proper use
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Strong analytic skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Sound judgement and problem-solving skills
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of electrician program at a trade/technical school preferred
- OSHA 10 certification Preferred
- Experience with telecommunications inside and outside plant engineering
- Experience in support of installations, repair, troubleshooting and maintenance of communications electronic systems or equipment
- May be required to work in narrow or tight workspaces
- Must be able to meet the requirements for operating a two-man scissor lift
- Ability to access above ceiling and below floor spaces.
- Regularly exposed to work in non-climate-controlled environments.
- Work may entail being 50 feet off the ground in a harnessed lift.
- Most work will be 12-24 feet high
- Noise levels can be high depending upon work site and tools required.
- Some tools are provided by us, small hand tools and equipment will be required to start.
- Must be able to climb and work from a ladder.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl for extended periods.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for extended periods throughout the day.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.