Loyal Source Technical Services is seeking a Site Safety Officer for a contract opportunity working with our client company in Washington D.C.
For more information, please contact Chris Myers at 407-930-8546 or send a resume here firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Position:
At the local project level applies client Safety programs, US Army Corps of Engineers Safety & Health Requirements, as well as state and federal laws for the inspection of equipment and working conditions and prevent accidents, fires and related hazardous events. Additionally the SSHO will perform the duties of the Quality Control Manager implementing the Corps of Engineers (COE) Quality Control (QC) Program required of general construction and service projects.
- Responsible for the implementation of the Site/Task Specific Safety Program at location, including the creation of each task order required Site Specific Accident Prevention Plans (APP) & Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA).
- Oversees and can authorize the procurement of project safety supplies and equipment, and is responsible for the implementation of the site safety training of client's direct employees and subcontractor safety training.
- Designated on-site competent person and Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO), as defined by The Army Corps of Engineers EM 385.
- Responsible to enforce the safety directives per client Safety Program, site-specific APPs and EM 385.
- Conducts daily safety and health inspections; Conduct mishap investigations and complete required reports; Maintains the OSHA Form 300; Maintain a safety and health deficiency tracking system that monitors outstanding deficiencies until resolution; Ensure sub-contractor compliance with safety and health requirements.
- Provide leadership & facilitate the Office Safety Committee at the local level.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Owns/Accountable for Safety Execution within the assigned project location.
- Provide training to others on First-aid/CPR
- Provide training to others on OSHA 30
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Industrial Hygiene or related field; or equivalent experience in Building Trades and Construction Quality Management.
- 30-hr OSHA Certificate
- Five years of continuous experience in construction safety inspection and administration with similar large-scale projects.
- Proficiency in a Windows operating environment, including email and Microsoft Office software.
- Demonstrated planning, problem solving, data analysis, blueprint/schematic reading, organizing, inter-personal, and communication skills with proven leadership skills and decision making abilities.
- Qualified to evaluate performance in various trades including; HVAC, Vertical Transportation Equipment, Boilers; Steam / Heating, Medical Air Gas Systems, Fire Alarm, Fire Suppression, Fire Sprinkler, Nurse Call, Fire and Smoke Doors, Emergency and Egress lighting, Pneumatic Tube Systems.
- Must be a team player, committed to working in a quality environment.
- Corps of Engineers EM-385 experience
- Experience creating Accident Prevention Plans
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.