Loyal Source Technical Services is seeking a functional tester for a contract opportunity working with our client company in Reston, VA.
For more information, please contact Michael Guercio at 407-868-8967 or via email at email@example.com.
As a Functional Tester, you are responsible for developing, implementing and ensuring testing practices and automation. You utilize in-depth knowledge of technological alternatives and business system requirements to recommend innovations that enhance and/or provides a competitive advantage to the organization. You apply Agile best practices to collaborate and participate in creating user stories for test cases to ensure the delivery of solutions. In assuming this position, you will deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments as well as to expand our AI solutions.
As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for planning, writing, and communicating technical concepts in a user-friendly, plain language structure for enterprise applications. You will be part of a highly talented, dynamic development team that will be using a set of open source and AI technologies to modernize and consolidate an operational environment under a common technology framework. You will apply Agile best practices to collaborate and participate in creating user stories for business functionality, technical requirements, and defining acceptance criteria to ensure the delivery of leading professional writing services.
- Build a test strategy for developed products: UI, functional, technical, interface, and database.
- Identify risks and outlines mitigation plan.
- Implement lessons learned/best practices and look to improve the quality of the releases.
- Maintain the Development Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) as well as document development and testing against the RTM.
- Work with UI/UX team and Material management SME to ensure that workflow and user story activities
- Coordinates with NAVSEA Test teams and engineering to validate methods and ensure accurate measures.
- Provide database server administration support and incident management and service request responses
- Meet both technical and consumer needs.
- Assist in determining the direction of current and future developments in the testing strategy.
- Work across development and operational environments.
- Stay abreast of software testing technologies and best practices.
- Skillful to multitask and flexible to changing strategies and re-prioritized tasks.
- Coordinate, develop, and finalize all deliverable documentation for the program
- Design, develop, and implement project documentation standards
- Interface with the customer, management, and project personnel
- Write status reports and supervises and participates in project activities
- Support training content that is current, accurate, clear, usable, useful, and easy to find.
- Assist Project Manager and Materials management SME for all programmatic documentation development and delivery.
- Write technical materials such as equipment manuals, appendices, or operating and maintenance instructions.
- Assist in developing diagrams, flowcharts, and other visuals that facilitate communication of written materials
- Determine the needs of end-users of technical documentation.
- Write a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures, and manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses.
- Work with technical staff to make products easier to use and thus need fewer instructions.
- Revise documents as new issues arise.
- Multitask and manage multiple simultaneous high priorities.
- U.S Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline
- 5-7 years of testing experience in DoD/Navy solutions (NMCI experience preferred).
- Strong experience in Automation script creation, execution and troubleshooting.
- Extensive experience in creating and managing Test Cases and Test Plans.
- Expertise in Test Management tools like HP ALM, Rally, JIRA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of testing methodologies and best practices.
- Resilient defect identification and triaging skills.
- Ability to determine root cause analysis of issues and to clearly communicate findings to management and project teams.
- Solid skills in test results analysis and review.
- Must have Secret clearance or higher.
- Experience with NAVSEA financial systems, such as CSAS or MSE PROD is preferred
- 7+ years' experience writing end-user software documentation, especially in a Government/DoD environment.
- Exceptional written and visual communication skills as well as knowledge of English grammar and usage.
- Experience participating in cross-functional Agile development teams.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS, and familiarity with UX principles.
- Ability to apply standard accessibility practices to documentation.
- Proven understanding of Agile practices including sprint planning, backlog refinement, prioritization, scrum, and retrospectives.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience collaborating with partners across many areas and departments, including product management, UX, sales/marketing, and customer support.
- Passionate self-starter who enjoys improving the status quo, whether through changes documentation, to our processes, or to our interactions as a team or across the company.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.