Loyal Source Technical Services is seeking a network technician for a contract opportunity working with our client company in Rome, NY.
For more information, please contact Dominic DeTrani at 407-591-3116 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full time position to assist Team Rome IT in the ongoing operation of a DoD Network Control Center. The successful candidate will work within a multi-discipline team responsible for supporting Cisco, Bluecoat, Palo Alto and other LAN, WAN equipment.
The candidate must have a strong familiarity with the operation and maintenance of Cisco and other networking equipment primarily the Access layer but also can occur at the Core layer.
Operations will range from access to edge devices in a campus environment of AFRL with a primary focus on network operations. Tasking will include configure, install, administer, maintain, secure, upgrade, troubleshoot, and documentation of networking equipment, tools, ancillary support equipment, network management systems, networked based monitors, as well as network environmental monitors. Completion of escalated tickets. Configuration Management tasks, network maps and system documentation are an important aspect of this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- DoD 8570 IAT II certifications as required (CompTIA Security+)
- Secret clearance
- CCNA Route/Switch Certification within 6 months of hire
- Microsoft Office tools to include Visio
- Cisco IOS
- SolarWinds Orion suite (SNMP Collection Station) (Preferred)
- SNMP V3 configuration and MIB generation
- Management of Access lists (Standard, Extended and Access Maps)
- Protocol analysis via Wireshark or similar tools
- Layer 2 Switching & Layer 3 Routing technologies and techniques
- 802.1x (Port Security) & Subnetting
- Static NAT, IP summarization, Route-maps, Subnetting, Multicast, Quality of Service (QOS)
- Cisco ISE
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) & Vlan Pruning
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure & Environmental monitors (Preferred)
- Planning & Network Design
- Introductory knowledge of Microsoft, UNIX, and Linux experience
- 1-3 years’ experience administering and maintaining the above or similar networking equipment at the Access, Distribution, and Core levels
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.