Loyal Source Technical Services Division is seeking a systems engineer for a contract opportunity to work with our client based in Montgomery, AL.
For more information, please contact Ian Machicote at 407-930-8547 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The System Engineer will be responsible for the design, configuration, and operation of complete building control systems and other low voltage control sub-systems (ie lighting, data networks, etc) to meet the intent of the project requirements. Accountable to field teams for quality, timeliness and efficiency of designs. Develops complex software programs, commissions and troubleshoots to ensure proper operations of the building control system. Provides detailed information and submittals to communicate design and operation to customers, consultants, client field installation team and subcontractors.
- Assists in the loading and commissioning of all system and network-level controllers as required. Assists in validation of complete system functionality and troubleshoots problems with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation.
- Provides field change information to the project team for the creation of as-built drawings and software.
- Keeps management and client contractor or customer informed of job progress and issues.
- Assists in performing site-specific training for owner/operator on the total building control system.
- Participates in release meeting with project field team. Performs value engineering to provide cost effective results while maintaining customer satisfaction. Assists with the production of As-Built Documentation (Drawings, O&M Manuals, etc).
- Familiarity with older pneumatic control systems.
- Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with a minimum of three years experience, or an associate degree in a related technical field with five years of relevant work experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the construction or HVAC industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of control theory, automatic temperature controls, building automation systems and other building subsystems.
- Demonstrated experience in the integration of low voltage building sub-systems using various industry protocols – BACnet proficiency required
- Ability to relate technical knowledge to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills required, particularly computer-related drafting tools.
- Metasys Programming experience preferred
- All of the above with a minimum of five years experience, or an associate degree in a related technical field with seven years of relevant work experience required.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.