Loyal Source Technical Services Division is seeking Biomedical Equipment Technicians (BMET II) to work with our client in Tobyhanna, PA.
For more information, please contact Justin Schiffman at 407-482-0644 or send a resume here email@example.com.
- Uses traditional engineering expertise to analyze and solve problems regarding the design, development, and safety testing of biomedical equipment. Serves as the principal action officer for maintenance related acquisition support, fielding, and sustainment of medical laboratory equipment, contact patient monitoring systems, and digital imaging/radiographic equipment
- Ensures that the biomedical equipment is in compliance with Federal, State, and/or applicable regulatory requirements; implements quality control standards, and maintains budget and vendor relationships
- Repair, install, maintain, calibrate, and inspect complex medical equipment, instrumentation, and systems
- Assign routine repairs, inspections, and installations to subordinates and observe their performance
- Perform preventive maintenance and electrical safety testing of clinical equipment, devices, and systems, and monitor completion of preventive maintenance activities performed by outside vendors (when applicable)
- Review outcome of preventive maintenance actions and make recommendations to department staff concerning improvements
- Performs complex technical inspections of new, used or reconditioned military medical equipment
- Recommend new equipment and testing procedures
- Maintain documentation on new equipment, inspections, and equipment repairs and failures
- Assist, manage, and monitor third-party repairs (when applicable)
- Understand and comply with Joint Commission and other applicable standards and regulations
- Determines and verifies associated support items of equipment in order to perform scheduled services and maintenance repairs and calibration; supply support and provisioning requirements; and training requirements
- Reviews regulatory documentation, writes and assists with writing policy to set standards
- Manages special operations fielding support
- Monitors sustainment support
- Assists on various special projects for medical equipment systems
- Participates in the development of performance specifications for medical equipment systems and maintenance regulatory policies
- Provides technical expertise and specific plans in the creation, interpretation, and explanation of operations and maintenance policy
- Identifies elements and requirements for improving the maintenance posture of medical equipment
- Responsible for the development, review and execution of the maintenance support plans and sustainment strategies
- Monitors equipment data collection apparatus and subjects during tests and evaluations
- Responds to inquiries and answers questions relating to technical and operational applications
- Investigates sources of needed equipment for designated testing and evaluations and evaluates the applicability to the laboratory's needs
- Prepares necessary support documentation and purchase requisitions
- Prepares and maintains special or periodic reports, records, documents and correspondence
- May provide leadership and/or supervisory oversight to other BMETs
- Performs other related duties, as assigned or required
- A.A.S in Medical Equipment Technology or more advanced degree in related field
- AAMI Certification (CBET), and/or graduate of DoD Medical Equipment Repairers Course.
- 2 or more years directly related experience.
- Experience performing biomedical equipment maintenance, repair, and maintenance cycles on Military Medical Equipment.
- Experience performing complex technical inspections of new, used or reconditioned Army medical equipment. Experience with medical equipment overhaul.
- SPECIAL PHYSICAL OR WORK CONDITIONS RELATED TO THE JOB: Willingness and ability to frequently travel. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment; to push/pull equipment carts; and to kneel, stand, bend, and reach during equipment repair
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.