Loyal Source Technical Services is seeking a cybersecurity specialist for a contract opportunity working with our client company in Silver Spring, MD.
For more information, please contact Ian Machicote at 407-930-8547 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Operational Technology (OT) subject matter expert for NOAA's Office of Marine and Aviation Operations with responsibility for ensuring that all cyber security and cyber safety requirements are met in ongoing and future ship construction efforts.
- They are creating Policy and Standard for the NOAA Fleet
- Ability to communicate very complex technical information to a wide variety of audiences, both orally and in writing to include the NOAA CIO Cyber Center & Program Staff
- Overseeing the implementation of cybersecurity requirements for control and communication systems aboard NOAA's new Auxiliary General Oceanographic Research (AGOR) Variant (NAV) ship including 1) all equipment or interconnected system or subsystem of equipment that is used in the automatic acquisition, storage, manipulation, management, movement, control, display, switching, interchange, transmission, or reception of data or information and 2) hardware and software included in machinery control systems, bridge systems, navigation systems, dynamic positioning systems, and exterior communication systems.
- Expert-level knowledge of information technology (IT) and operational technology (OT) security with specific emphasis on securing systems including converged systems that involve both IT and OT, supervisory control and data acquisition systems (SCADA) and industrial control systems (ICS) that employ programmable logic circuits (PLCs) and discrete process control systems (DPCS).
- Expert-level knowledge in the application of the NIST Risk Management Framework and NIST Special Publications (in particular, experience applying the guidelines in NIST SP 800-82, Guide to Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security.
- Ability to perform threat and vulnerability analysis; determine deviations from acceptable configurations, enterprise or local policy; assess the level of risk; and develop and/or recommend appropriate mitigation countermeasures in operational and nonoperational situations.
- Cybersecurity experience with commercial or public ships or unmanned systems.
- Specific experience acting as a cyber subject matter expert on design reviews and security control assessments is preferred.
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.